Saturday, September 15, 2007

Christmas in September


At this neighbour's house it's always Christmas. The decorations have been up since we moved in in March - but for all I know they may have been put up for a Christmas years ago. This stone house is what I believe was the original quarry foreman's house, and is made from the surrounding stone. The leadlight window has been broken for ages, but someone has tried repairs with plastic and silver tape. There is a Council heritage listing on this building, so I wonder if that is hindering permanent repairs.
Walking past is my next door neighbour, Chris. He's the one that gives us fresh eggs.

Back in January, Meredith blogged about another neighbouring house and it's Christmas attire. I'm spewing.... not going to get to see the kitschness this year as it's up for sale. It's open for inspection today so I may have a look as it's the same design as our house but still has the original front bay window.The spartan interior shots are fascinating. I think it's a Vietnamese family that own it.I find it an interesting example of Marrickville's changing cultural makeup - one house that has gone from WW1 white Australian, through Greek influences and then Asian. What comes next, We'll find out after the sale.

We went to the inspection, and John was particularly impressed with this post modern chandelier.

No comments: